1. What is a Cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are installed in the User’s browser. The purpose of this cookie installation depends on the type of cookie installed in the User’s browser. Some cookies record the User's activity on the Website while others are essential for the operation of the Website. Additionally, other cookies may offer Users ads or interactive graphics personalized by the Website.
2. What type of Cookies does the Website install?
The cookies that may be installed on the User’s device can be classified according to the following criteria:
2.1 Owners of Cookies that can be installed
The cookies that can be installed in the Website users’ browser could be owned by:
· UMusic Hotels. Cookies property of UMusic Hotels, or own Cookies are sent to the User’s device from a device or domain managed by UMusic Hotels from which UMusic Hotels provides the functionalities requested by the User;
· Third-party Cookies. Third-party Cookies are those sent to the User’s device from a device or domain not managed by UMusic Hotels, but by an entity that treats the user’s data obtained through the Cookies.
2.2 Purpose of the cookies that can be installed
As mentioned in section 1, there are different types of cookies for different uses. In particular, this Website may install the following cookies on Users' browsers:
· Strictly necessary technical Cookies. This type of cookie is necessary for the proper operation of the Website. These cookies allow the user to browse the Website and/or application and use the different options or services in it, to permit the management and operation of the Website and enable different functions such as controlling the traffic and data communication to control fraud linked to the service security, identifying the User session, accessing User private areas, remembering the elements that conform an order or issuing and managing the purchase of a service.
· Analytical Cookies. This type of Cookie allows UMusic Hotels and third parties to track and analyze the Website’s users’ behavior, including quantification of ad impressions. The information collected by this type of cookie is used to measure the Website’s activity with the purpose of introducing improvements based on the analysis of the data on the use made by Users of the service.
· Personalization Cookies. Personalization cookies are those that make it possible to remember the User's preferences when browsing the Website that he/she has already visited. For instance, they make it possible to remember the prefered language used on the Website, the User’s location in order to suggest suitable content or the type of browser with which to access a specific service, etc. Preference cookies are also the ones that make it possible to change the text size, the font or other parts on websites that can be personalized.
2.3 Storage periods of the cookies that may be installed
Depending on the storage period of the cookies installed in the users’ browser, this website may install:
· Session Cookies: These cookies retain the User’s data for the period of time they visit the Website. As such, the data subject to session cookies will disappear once the User abandons the Website’s session.
· Persistent Cookies: These cookies retain data for a specific period of time.
3. Specific list of cookies that can be installed in the User’s browser or device
Type of cookie
Strictly Necessary Cookies
This cookie is set by the cookie compliance solution from OneTrust. It stores information about the categories of cookies the site uses and whether visitors have given or withdrawn consent for the use of each category. This enables site owners to prevent cookies in each category from being set in the users browser, when consent is not given. The cookie has a normal lifespan of one year, so that returning visitors to the site will have their preferences remembered. It contains no information that can identify the site visitor.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
This cookie is set by websites using certain versions of the cookie law compliance solution from OneTrust. It is set after visitors have seen a cookie information notice and in some cases only when they actively close the notice down. It enables the website not to show the message more than once to a user. The cookie has a one year lifespan and contains no personal information.
4. International Transfers
5. How can Users decide what cookies are installed in their browsers?
Upon accessing our Website, the Users decide whether or not they authorize the cookie installation in their browser. In order to authorize the cookies, the Users must click on “Accept Cookies”. On the other hand, to reject the cookies, the Users must click on “Cookie Settings”, where the Users can decide what specific cookies they allow to install in their browser. UMusic Hotels will only install cookies at the time the user clicks on “Accept cookies” or specific ones are set to be installed, guaranteeing that no other cookies that haven’t been expressly authorized by the User will be installed. All of this except for the strictly necessary cookies required for the operation of the Website. Additionally, the Users can revoke or grant other consents to install cookies in their browsers through the “Cookie Settings” available on the Website.
Additionally, the Users can set their browser and devices to reject, block or, if necessary, delete the cookies. Below are the procedures to follow to disable, block or delete cookies in different web browsers:
- Internet Explorer: Settings -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings.
- Firefox: Settings -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Personalized settings.
- Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Content settings.
- Safari: Settings -> Security.
Without prejudice to the foregoing, the User is hereby informed that the strictly necessary cookies can’t be rejected through the cookie message that emerges upon accessing the Website as these cookies guarantee the correct operation of the Website. However, the user may decide not to install the strictly necessary cookies through the process established in the previous paragraph. In case the Users voluntarily uninstall the strictly necessary cookies in their browser, UMusic Hotels cannot guarantee the correct operation of the Website and, therefore, is not liable for the defects or errors that may arise in the Website and/or for those that may affect the Users.
6. User’s rights and additional information